On Tuesday, March 20, 2018, the Glastonbury Republican Town Committee will host a Candidates Forum for declared Republican candidates for Governor in 2018.
The Candidates Forum will be held on March 20, 2018, at the Riverfront Park Boathouse, 252 Welles Street in Glastonbury, beginning at 6:30 p.m. The Candidates Forum was previously scheduled for February 7, at the Riverfront Community Center and was cancelled due to inclement weather.
Anyone who is interested in meeting the declared Republican candidates is invited to attend.
As of February 18, 2018, the candidates who are scheduled to attend are listed below (in alphabetical order):
- Sen. Toni Boucher (R-26th District) of Wilton;
- Danbury Mayor Mark Boughton;
- Mr. Michael Handler of New Canaan;
- Former Trumbull First Selectman Timothy Herbst;
- Shelton Mayor Mark Lauretti;
- Mr. Peter Lumaj of Fairfield;
- Mr. Stephen Obsitnik of Westport;
- Rep. Prasad Srinivasan (R-31st District) of Glastonbury;
- Mr. David Stemerman of Greenwich;
- Mr. Peter Thahleim of Greenwich;
- Mr. Joseph Visconti of West Hartford; and
- Former U.S. Comptroller General David M. Walker of Bridgeport.
Other candidates may be added at a later date.
The event will begin with an informal meet-and-greet session, during which attendees may introduce themselves to candidates and ask them questions. At 7 o’clock, each of the candidates will be invited to make a three-minute opening statement, before being asked a series of questions by moderators. Candidates will have a limited total time to respond to questions from moderators.
For more information regarding the Candidates Forum, please contact the Chairman of the Glastonbury Republican Town Committee, Rob Lynn, by E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.