KEEP IN TOUCH
Glastonbury Republicans have a long history of sound governance and fiscal responsibility. Under Republican leadership, Glastonbury has been recognized as one of the best-managed and most desirable towns in Connecticut. Our quality of life and approach to public safety are top-notch, and our school system is nationally renowned. Moreover, Glastonbury is a leader in conservation, "green initiatives" and land preservation, and our AAA bond rating is an acknowledgment of our years of skillful, conservative fiscal management.
These results don’t just happen and this is why we are fighting to return to the leadership majority, to protect and keep Glastonbury a special place for all of us to call home.
In a representative republic, the individual and family are paramount while government is to be limited. Individuals may freely choose their path in life and raise their children according to their values and beliefs, not those of a government agency, including our public schools. We believe in liberty and self-determination in all spheres of life - economic, political, and religious. We believe in traditional American values of honesty, fairness, hard work, personal responsibility, equality of opportunity, love of country, and respect for all human life. We are opposed to censorship or compelled speech, and discrimination based on differing points of view. We believe that privacy is for citizens and transparency is for government. Our basic rights are God-given, not bestowed by any government.
- Actively support the election of representatives at the local, state, and federal levels who will advocate for these values.
- Assert local control of schools, zoning, housing policy, and finances. Pursue sound financial management in town government, and limit government to that which only government can provide.
- Ensure that parental rights and viewpoints are respected, and school policies are determined with transparency. Oppose any form of ideological indoctrination, whether in formal curriculum or by individual instructors.
- Support a broad range of high-level education and skills training that enable a variety of pathways (higher ed, military, trades, etc.) to adult independence.
- Advocate for our police and other first responders, whose uniquely challenging roles require appropriate protection from liability.
- Welcome all who share these values within our "big tent", to achieve these goals as a community.
- Strive to maintain the character of Glastonbury as we face the challenges of this 21st century.
Police Awards Ceremony
The Glastonbury Police Department will hold its first awards ceremony since the start of the pandemic, at the Riverfront Community Center. The public is invited the attend the ceremony, which…Read More
Clean Up at John Tom Hill Cemetery
It was Spring cleanup day at John Tom Hill Cemetery on Saturday May 13. A team of volunteers from the Glastonbury Republican Town Committee brought all sorts of landscaping equipment…Read More